As the successful candidate in our Underwriting team, your responsibilities will include:
- Leading the underwriting team in the effective, efficient and profitable underwriting and issuance of insurance policies
- Engaging, coaching and mentoring the team, participating in projects and special initiatives and developing and fostering positive working relationships with a keen desire to deliver exceptional customer service.
What you bring:
- CIP/FCIP designation or College/University degree
- 7-10 years Multi Line Commercial Lines underwriting experience
- Natural leadership skills and ability to manage, engage and motivate in a small team environment
Strong mentoring and coaching skills
Excellent technical underwriting knowledge
- Organizational abilities including time management, service & support capabilities
- Analytical, judgment and interpersonal skills are required, with the ability to provide superior customer service to internal and external stakeholders
How to Apply
We invite interested candidates submit their resume and salary expectations in confidence to email@example.com.
While we appreciate the interest of all applicants, we will contact only those selected for interviews.
If you are an applicant with disabilities and require accommodations, please let us know at the time of our contact so that we may arrange for their provision.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employee candidates will be selected strictly on the basis of an individual’s technical qualifications, knowledge and experience, as they relate to the requirements of a particular position. Selections will be made without regard to: race, ancestry, place of origin, colour, ethnic origin, citizenship, creed (religion), sex, sexual orientation, handicaps (physical or mental), age, marital status, family status, or the receipt of public assistance or record of offences.
About Frank Cowan Company
Since the opening of our doors in 1927, Frank Cowan Company has established itself as a leader in providing specialized insurance programs including risk management and claims services across Canada. We have proven industry knowledge gained through 85 years of partnering with insurance companies and independent brokers, giving us the ability to effectively manage the necessary risk and advisory and claims services for both standard and complex issues.
Why choose Frank Cowan Company:
- A professional and motivating team environment where contributions are valued
- An entrepreneurial culture that has helped build a company with a strong history and exciting future
- We offer great benefits, professional development support and competitive pay with incentives
- Other great perks including, a recognition program, a fitness rebate, recognition of service milestones, work-life balance and much more!