Join our collaborative team and make meaningful contributions to our business development initiatives.
Are you looking to take the next step in your career? Do you have commercial underwriting experience and love sharing your knowledge with others? We have a unique and exciting opportunity for a Commercial Property & Casualty Analyst within our Business Development Department.
HOW YOU’LL CONTRIBUTE:
You will be responsible for a range of functions with respect to complex commercial underwriting. You will also serve as a resource to our Member Companies, using your expertise to guide and provide advice on primary risk exposures.
- Create new programs, including products, underwriting rules and guidelines, workflows, processes and system requirements;
- Identify emerging opportunities by monitoring the competitive environment and evaluating marketplace trends;
- Research, review and compare new product opportunities;
- Collaborate with stakeholders and partners to ensure effective, profitable product design with Member Company satisfaction;
- Provide guidance and assistance to Member Companies and partners on commercial business;
- Participate on projects and key initiatives utilizing effective project and change management strategies;
- Influence, diagnose and develop recommendations to solve complex coverage issues; and
- Act as subject matter expert and a key commercial resource across the Operations Division on projects and initiatives to provide coverage expertise where appropriate.
WHAT YOU’LL BRING TO THE ROLE:
- Seven (7) or more years of underwriting experience, with a minimum of five (5) years commercial underwriting
- A college diploma or an equivalent level of education is required, preferably in business, agriculture or a related discipline
- A professional certification such as the CIP or CRM is considered an asset
- Familiarity with policy wordings, policy drafting and pricing is considered an asset
- Excellent interpersonal skills (communication, negotiation)
- Strong organizational and analytical skills
- Property and casualty experience is required
WHO WE ARE:
FMRP has been providing reinsurance protection to its mutual insurance company members since 1959. As Canada’s first Canadian-owned reinsurance company, we’re proud of our history!
Our employees are our greatest asset. They work from our state-of-the-art, environmentally friendly facility located by the 401 in Cambridge. If they’re not using our on-site fitness facility, you may find them competing in a cooking challenge or relaxing with a mini-massage.
We foster respect and recognition of the values of honesty, integrity and accountability, encouraging professionalism, education, leadership and trust.
In addition to a great working environment, we offer a competitive salary, employer-paid benefits, a retirement plan and more. You will be part of an organization that supports a balanced, healthy and family-oriented lifestyle.
HOW TO APPLY:
Don’t miss this opportunity to join our team. To apply, visit our website, www.fmrp.com/careers and complete our Employment Application.
CONNECT WITH US:
Visit our website, Facebook or LinkedIn page and discover what it’s like to be part of the FMRP family!
If you have any questions, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
FMRP is committed to providing accommodations and to achieving a barrier-free workplace for individuals with disabilities. Should you require an accommodation in order to participate in our recruitment process, we will support you by taking into account your individual accessibility needs.