The successful candidate will be responsible for underwriting the personal program accounts which include marine pleasure craft and high risk residential programs. The incumbent will underwrite in accordance with the guidelines and rules applicable to the programs, provide quotes on new business, process renewals, policy changes and cancellations. He/she will be responsible for developing relationships with the broker networks, attend industry events and assist management in the implementation of new programs, new systems and new procedures.
- Previous underwriting experience or experience in personal lines sales or service
- Knowledge of boats & experience would be an asset (either power or sail)
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral (Ability to communicate in both English & French would be an asset)
- High level of self-motivation with ability to perform effectively with minimal supervision
- Attention to detail and ability to process large volume of transactions accurately
- Excellent computer skills and knowledge of MS office products
- Working towards CAIB or CIP designation an asset
- RIBO license or ability to obtain
About Cowan Insurance Group
A pre-eminent Canadian owned and operated insurance brokerage and consulting operation, Cowan Insurance Group represents leading national and international insurance companies. Cowan specializes in property, casualty and credit insurance, providing the best value to businesses, organizations and individuals for their insurance and risk management needs. The organization also advises and creates retirement, group benefits, disability management and international benefits programs for employee groups and offers wealth management, financial planning and succession planning services to individuals through its wholly owned financial services subsidiary. Cowan Insurance Group has over 450 employees and currently operates in ten locations across Ontario. For additional information about Cowan Insurance Group, please refer to www.cowangroup.ca.
How to Apply
We invite interested candidates submit their resume in confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org. While we appreciate the interest of all applicants, we will contact only those selected for interviews. If you are an applicant with disabilities and require accommodations, please let us know at the time of our contact so that we may arrange for their provision. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employee candidates will be selected strictly on the basis of an individual's technical qualifications, knowledge and experience, as they relate to the requirements of a particular position. Selections will be made without regard to: race, ancestry, place of origin, colour, ethnic origin, citizenship, creed (religion), sex, sexual orientation, handicaps (physical or mental), age, marital status, family status, or the receipt of public assistance or record of offences.