The successful candidate will have a primary focus on the pursuit of new Commercial clients who operate small to mid-sized businesses in Canada. This dynamic individual will be accountable for:
- Managing and converting incoming new business opportunities by leveraging our #digital channels
- Soliciting, counselling and quoting potential new customers while also managing an existing portfolio of business: candidates will be responsible for dealing with all aspects of commercial lines insurance policies from inception of new business, renewals, mid-term adjustments and claims
- Additional responsibilities include preparing applications, collecting premiums owing, marketing new and renewal business as required
- An individual sales goal will be developed and supported with a sales and training plan created with the Small Business Solutions Leadership Team
The successful candidate will bring the ability to balance a proficiency in both closing new business as well as fostering relationships with clients to support strong retention. Compensation: Base salary plus commission on new business.
- RIBO license or ability to obtain
- Minimum 2 years insurance experience (Personal Lines or Commercial Lines)
- Strong social skills and confidence required to succeed
- Customer-centric, friendly and professional at all times
- Demonstrated consultative approach to selling
- Exceptional organization skills with an ability to prioritize tasks and manage time effectively
- Highly developed sales and customer service skills
- High level of self-motivation, with the ability to perform effectively with minimal supervision
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Excellent computer skills and knowledge of MS Office products
- Proficiency with social media and willingness to work with emerging digital tools
- Previous experience with TAM is an asset
- CIP, CAIB, CRM (or working towards designation) would be an asset
About Cowan Insurance Group
A pre-eminent Canadian owned and operated insurance brokerage and consulting operation, Cowan Insurance Group represents leading national and international insurance companies. Cowan specializes in property, casualty and credit insurance, providing the best value to businesses, organizations and individuals for their insurance and risk management needs. The organization also advises and creates retirement, group benefits, disability management and international benefits programs for employee groups and offers wealth management, financial planning and succession planning services to individuals through its wholly owned financial services subsidiary. Cowan Insurance Group has over 450 employees and currently operates in ten locations across Ontario. Cowan subsidiary companies include The Williamson Group, Wentworth Financial Services, Cowan Financial Solutions and Millennium CreditRisk Management. For additional information about Cowan Insurance Group, please refer to www.cowangroup.ca.
We invite interested candidates submit their resume in confidence to email@example.com. While we appreciate the interest of all applicants, we will contact only those selected for interviews. If you are an applicant with disabilities and require accommodations, please let us know at the time of our contact so that we may arrange for their provision.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employee candidates will be selected strictly on the basis of an individual's technical qualifications, knowledge and experience, as they relate to the requirements of a particular position. Selections will be made without regard to: race, ancestry, place of origin, colour, ethnic origin, citizenship, creed (religion), sex, sexual orientation, handicaps (physical or mental), age, marital status, family status, or the receipt of public assistance or record of offences.