CNA Canada has an immediate opening for an experienced Risk Control Consultant. The position will be reporting to the VP, Risk Control who is based in Toronto and will be located in CNA’s Montreal Branch.
The Risk Control Consultant is responsible for providing overall risk assessment, evaluation, consulting and technical support for prospective and new and renewal accounts for the purpose of making risk determinations for underwriting.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- On-site client visits to analyze and evaluate hazards and controls to assist underwriting in adequate risk selection & pricing of mid to large commercial, industrial and institutional risks
- Prepare comprehensive reports that highlight your assessment, evaluation of risks and recommended risk improvement solutions to assist in risk selection
- Support the branch and risk control business strategies by promoting risk control “value added” products and services to clients and brokers
- Develop and maintain business relationships with internal & external partners to positively impact branch business plans
- Provide risk improvement consultation to commercial customers to positively impact their loss ratio and deliver value that influences their insurance buying decision
- Maintain up to date skills and knowledge of risk control requirement, commercial underwriting guidelines and standards and best practices.
- Develop & conduct education and training program for internal and external customers on as needed basis
SKILLS, EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- An engineering degree or equivalent (e.g., chemical, mechanical, fire protection, industrial)
- Must be fully bilingual in spoken and written French.
- Possess or working towards insurance industry designations & certifications (i.e. CIP, CRM)
- Minimum 5 years of experience as a risk control consultant with a sound proficiency in multi-line Property including business interruption and Casualty (G.L., Products Liability & Auto) assessment skills
- In-depth technical & engineering knowledge of risk control practices, procedures and standards (i.e. NFPA, FM, Building & Fire Codes) and ability to apply to special hazards occupancies involving dust hazards, chemical/flammable liquid storage & warehouse storage systems
- Must have strong understanding and experience performing sprinkler system and water supply analysis
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Able to work with a high degree of autonomy, detailed oriented & demonstrate strong time management skills
- Strong analytical, technical, negotiation and presentation skills
- Valid driver’s license with a clean driving record and willingness to travel throughout Quebec and Eastern Ontario.
- Excellent MS Office skills
We thank all interested applicants; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
About CNA Canada
CNA is a leader in the professional liability insurance market and has provided essential insurance to businesses for more than 100 years. We are respected worldwide as experts in understanding risks with an innovative portfolio of products and services. Strong, smart, and focused, CNA is well positioned to serve our insureds and provide a trusted, consistent market for our agents and brokers. Our focus has been on professionalism, a set of core values, and commitment to our customers and distributors.
Our products include standard commercial lines, specialty lines, surety, marine and other property-casualty coverages. CNA services include risk management, information services, underwriting, and claims administration.
CNA Canada has five strategically placed offices in Montreal, Toronto, Winnipeg, Calgary and Vancouver making our friendly and knowledgeable staff easily accessible to our customers. Our support network extends across the world from North America to Asia allowing CNA to accommodate our customers as they expand operations globally.
Our comprehensive approach to insurance opens doors to an array of career opportunities. We offer an environment that challenges you to learn, to use your imagination and to gain professional qualifications in a company where you are part of a team pursuing common goals. We believe that our talented team of skilled employees, coupled with our knowledgeable distribution partners, places us at the forefront of the insurance industry. We are committed to quality; approach every challenge as an opportunity and put our customers first every step of the way.