Reporting to the Manager, Client Services, the Sales Assistant will provide support to the Account Associates with all aspects of their work by accomplishing various related administrative tasks.
- Prepare simple plan revisions, agent of record changes, administrator changes, booklet reprint requests, policy terminations and mail merges;
- Generate various reports using internal databases, internal report systems as well as Excel;
- Monitor Group Sales in box and manage or respond to inquiries from external customers;
- Provide back up support for Account Associates when they are out of the office;
- Deliver, open and/or prepare mail to be sent by mail or by messenger service;
- Order brochures, stationery, office supplies, etc.;
- Provide administrative support to Account Associates;
- Provide back up support to other Service Assistants;
- Perform any other similar or general duties required by the position
Education: College diploma in office systems technology or business administration
Work Experience: One to three years’ experience working in administrative/office support environment is considered an asset.
Computer Skills: Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite software (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
Language Skills: Bilingualism (English and French) is considered an asset
If you are interested in working with a team of professionals in a challenging role and you possess the necessary qualifications, please follow the instructions for applying online via the Medavie Blue Cross Corporate website by clicking on Apply Now. Canadian Citizenship – Please indicate in your application the reason you are entitled to work in Canada: Canadian citizenship, permanent resident status or work permit.
Reliability screening will be required.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the Ontario Human Rights Code, Medavie Blue Cross will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process to applicants with disabilities. If selected to participate in the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process, please inform Medavie Blue Cross Human Resources staff of the nature of any accommodation(s) that you may require in respect of any materials or processes used to ensure your equal participation. All personal information is collected under the authority of the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act.
About Medavie Blue Cross
For over 70 years, and across six provinces we've been a leading diversified health services partner for individuals, plan sponsors, plan advisors and governments across Canada. We are proud to be a not-for-profit organization committed to giving back to the communities where we live and work. We support the health and wellness of our employees and their families with various wellness programs and resources to support their personal and professional growth.
We're a team of 1,900 colleagues dedicated to collaboration, innovation, customer service, and committed to work-life balance, community involvement and career development which is why Medavie Blue Cross is recognized as a Top 100 Employer, one of Canada’s 10 Most Admired Corporate Cultures and one of Atlantic Canada’s Top Employers