This position will support a dynamic team of Brokers in servicing a very active block of business. The successful candidate must be highly motivated and have the ability to work in a fast-paced environment. They will be part of a team whose core objective is to maintain a high level of professionalism while exceeding expectations at each client interaction.
Our client is a rapidly, still-growing company that offers extensive training and frontline knowledge of the overall group benefits industry.
· Manage upcoming renewals with the Managing Group Agency (MGA)
· Review renewal and marketing material prepared by the MGA to ensure accuracy
· Follow up on negotiations and communicate with the client on their renewal status
· Arrange a meeting with the client to present final negotiated renewal
· Follow up on any changes, issues or requests resulting from the meeting
· Assist with processing group benefit and cost plus claims, as well as follow-up until claims are adjudicated
· Manage the day-to-day client calls regarding claims
· Respond to client inquiries, via incoming email and telephone
· Assist brokers and advisors with client follow-ups
· Handle a block of group benefits business
· Perform other related duties and special projects, as required
· 1 year of experience in similar role and/or office experience is required
· Life licence is an asset
Skill Sets Required
· Effective verbal and written communication skills
· Excellent organizational and time management abilities
· Self-motivation with ability to problem-solve with limited supervision
· Flexibility to work in a fast-paced and dynamic environment with changing priorities
· Ability to work independently and as a team member
· Technically proficient in Microsoft Office programs: Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint
· Accurate data entry skills
· Maintain strict confidentiality
· Demonstrate a strong work ethic
· Be honest and trustworthy
· Be respectful of clients, co-workers and Management
About Insurance Career Network
Insurance Career Network is a recruitment firm focused exclusively on the insurance industry. Our relationships, knowledge and leading experience enable us to connect leading insurers, brokerage firm and independent adjusting firms with the most talented candidates for each role.
Since 1991, we have been building and nurturing relationships and with over 13,000 registered candidates, we can tap into our highly technical experience for our clients. Our recruiters come directly from insurance related positions and bring a wealth of knowledge to each recruitment assignment.
Register and submit your resume through this site or call Francis for more information 416 703-5120.