With nearly 100 years of experience, our client is one of the Top Independent Insurance Brokers in Ontario providing clients with a wealth of expertise, guidance and dedicated personal service. Independently owned and unique, our client is Ontario based – with 11 offices spread throughout the province. Our client is one of Canada’s Top 25 Insurance Brokerages providing consultative long-term solutions, specialist expertise, an entrepreneurial management style and personable, responsive service.
This Group Benefit Sales position can be housed in any of the following locations: Toronto, Ottawa, Cambridge, London or Windsor
The Employee Benefits Consultant is responsible for pursuing and closing sales of new and existing group benefits accounts and retaining an assigned book of business to achieve divisional goals and objectives.
• You will prospect new business and close net new group plans.
• You will have demonstrated success in meeting and exceeding sales targets.
• You will work with prospects to determine insurance needs including reviewing policies.
• You will collect detailed information required to conduct a benefits audit or if appropriate a market survey (plan design, employee data, claims experience and rate history).
• You will develop and deliver formal market survey (or audit) result report that includes the details of the plan and financial criteria.
• You bring expertise in group benefit products with proven ability to meet retention and growth goals.
• You will build and maintain relationships with Company carriers and service providers.
• You will prepare annual renewal reports to clients.
• Must have advanced knowledge of benefit plan design options.
• Review and notification of Group Benefits developments as directed by Employee Benefits Team to clients.
• You will have strong sales orientation, prospecting and networking.
Must have advanced knowledge of pricing structures and renewal methodologies from insurers.
• You will be required to travel to different locations within Ontario and have a valid Ontario driver’s license with access to a vehicle. Qualifications:
• LLQP license IS A MUST and RIBO is preferred
• 3-5 years’ experience in employee group and Individual benefit sales.
• 3+ years’ experience in client management.
• University Degree in business or related field.
• Demonstrated commitment to continuous education.
• Advanced in Word, Excel and PowerPoint skills.
• Excellent presentation, time management and communication skills.
• Independent and entrepreneurial spirit.
• Action-oriented business acumen and creativity.
About Insurance Career Network
Insurance Career Network is a recruitment firm focused exclusively on the insurance industry. Our relationships, knowledge and leading experience enable us to connect leading insurers, brokerage firm and independent adjusting firms with the most talented candidates for each role.
Since 1991, we have been building and nurturing relationships and with over 13,000 registered candidates, we can tap into our highly technical experience for our clients. Our recruiters come directly from insurance related positions and bring a wealth of knowledge to each recruitment assignment.
Register and submit your resume through this site or call Francis for more information 416 703-5120.