– Assess client’s needs and provide accurate insurance advice to cover their exposures and meet their needs
– Remain calm, positive and professional when dealing with a difficult situation
– Suggest solutions to client issues while meeting insurer obligations
– Respond to customer inquiries in a timely manner to exceed their expectations
– Stay up to date on insurer changes to product and underwriting guidelines
– Maintain easy look up reference binder
– Update client information on system as necessary
– Participate in training and seminar courses and implement learning skills into the practical work environment
– Obtain minimum of 8 continuing education hours annually
– Refer life and health leads to life department
– NEW BUSINESS: Place new clients with insurers in accordance with their binding authorities and underwriting guidelines
– Adhere to brokerage new business guidelines and protocols with appropriate selection of business and documentation to client and on WINTAM
– ENDORSEMENTS: Obtain and record all pertinent information as well as required documentation needed for the requested change. Complete a binder with the correct details and required documentation in a timely manner
– Process customer changes via company portals in a timely and efficient manner
– RENEWAL: Document receipt of renewal on expiry list. Review renewals for accuracy (rating, discounts). Send VARIED TERMS letter as necessary. Contact the insured to address coverage needs or gaps, discuss any further insurance requirements and request referrals
– REWRITE: Remarket as necessary obtaining any new underwriting documentation required by replacing company. Update client application as necessary.
– CLAIMS: Coach the insured on the loss in order to enable them to make an informed decision on how to proceed. Complete claims report and transmit to company. Enter activity to follow-up on policy changes required as a result of the loss. Advise company of the required policy changes. Follow up with the insured to ensure satisfaction with claim handling
– NON-RENEWAL: Advise client by registered letter of non-renewal. Be prepared with an alternative market for the insured to ensure no lapse in coverage.
– CANCELLATIONS: At insured’s request, send fully completed cancellation voucher or obtain renewal signed off by insured. At company request for non-pay, process cancellation. At our accounting departments request send the request per Company guidelines. If payment received obtain authorization to reinstate through UNDERWRITING.
– OTHER DUTIES AS MAY BE ASSIGNED
About Insurance Career Network
Insurance Career Network is a recruitment firm focused exclusively on the insurance industry. Our relationships, knowledge and leading experience enable us to connect leading insurers, brokerage firm and independent adjusting firms with the most talented candidates for each role.
Since 1991, we have been building and nurturing relationships and with over 13,000 registered candidates, we can tap into our highly technical experience for our clients. Our recruiters come directly from insurance related positions and bring a wealth of knowledge to each recruitment assignment.
Register and submit your resume through this site or call Francis for more information 416 703-5120.