WORKS FROM HOME – Calgary, Alberta
This is an exceptional opportunity to join a growing business offering a dynamic workplace.
· Financial protection from costly legal expenses
· Ability to defend or pursue their legal rights
· Unlimited access to legal advice
We are looking for an individual who is passionate about taking a hands-on-role in helping build the legal expense insurance market in Canada, working closely with brokers and other team members.
You are enthusiastic and embrace the challenges of working in a smaller, fast-paced, entrepreneurial insurance company. Our client has been recognized as one of 2017’s Best Workplaces in Canada!
· Development of profitable legal expense insurance, retention and expansion of existing programs and stand-alone business for the broker channel
· Achievement of sales targets in defined territory.
· Promotion of all products to the brokers.
· Appointing new brokers.
· Relationship management of key brokers, training of brokers on products including running seminars
· Support of brokers in developing of new business
· Support of brokers in maintaining existing business relationships, especially in offering assistance for preparation and conducting of client consultations
· Maintain external relationships with Brokers, Principals, CSRs, Producers, Broker associations
· Develop good internal relationships with other Company staff
· Support of new broker consultants within their settling-in period
· Assure own personal training and development
· Travel and attendance at various industry and networking events required
· Reports to AVP Sales, Canada
QUALIFICATIONS and experience:
· University/college degree or equivalent work experience
· Valid Driver’s License
· CIP or CAIB preferred
· Level II General Insurance License
· Technologically proficient & internet savvy
· Track record of strong sales performance
· Ideally 7 years of P&C insurance industry experience with an insurer or brokerage
· Ability to work independently and in a team environment and function well under pressure.
· Proven track record of strong sales performance
· Motivated, Pro-active, and fast learner.
· Deadline driven with ability to multi-task.
· Detail and solutions oriented.
· Demonstrates the highest degree of professional ethics, honesty and integrity.
· A key element to this candidate’s success and assimilation within the team will be his or her ability to embrace and embody our values. To become a part of this team, he/she must:
o Exhibit a passion for playing an integral role in an entrepreneurial operation.
o Be driven, results-oriented and meet targets consistently with top quality work.
o Possess the confidence, astute business sense, and superior communication skills that are essential to success within this dynamic, high-performance organization.
o Be energetic, focused and thrive on the challenges associated with fast-paced, growing environments.
o Be assertive, outgoing and enthusiastic, and has the tenacity required to influence people to get the job done.
o Be innovative, focused and a strategic thinker
o Be focused on doing the right thing for the business.
o Be creative, with a sense of humor and ability to instill fun, excitement in the group.
· Needs strong interpersonal skills – with brokers, clients and Company staff at all levels. Competent at adapting style to communication need. Professional approach in all situations.
About Insurance Career Network
Insurance Career Network is a recruitment firm focused exclusively on the insurance industry. Our relationships, knowledge and leading experience enable us to connect leading insurers, brokerage firm and independent adjusting firms with the most talented candidates for each role.
Since 1991, we have been building and nurturing relationships and with over 13,000 registered candidates, we can tap into our highly technical experience for our clients. Our recruiters come directly from insurance related positions and bring a wealth of knowledge to each recruitment assignment.
Register and submit your resume through this site or call Francis for more information 416 703-5120.