The FARM Underwriter is a highly motivated, team oriented individual who will contribute to a profitable book of business through sound underwriting decisions. You will be responsible for ensuring delivery of a high level of customer service to our Canada-wide broker network. You will have the ability to work independently, make critical underwriting decisions, find solutions to problems and be responsible for managing the service, profitability and growth of your portfolio. This will be accomplished through the implementation and maintenance of operational and underwriting discipline, guidelines, and the monitoring of underwriting and service execution.
Role & Responsibilities:
· Underwrite new business, renewals and endorsements for a variety of FARM commercial accounts, according to underwriting guidelines, authority limits and company standards
· Negotiate Terms
· Complete Documentation of files including risk assessment, claims history and approvals
· Seek approval/assistance as required
· Processing all assigned work promptly and accurately, as per Company Guidelines
· Build positive relationships with team members
· Maintain knowledge of company and industry Underwriting policies, procedures and standards.
Specific Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
· 3+ Years Underwriting Experience, with emphasis on Farm Insurance
· CIP Designation
· Thorough knowledge of policy wordings and limitations
· Ability to exercise sound judgment in risk selection
· Evaluate future loss potential
· Strong decision making skills and ability to bring creativity to underwriting risks
· A strong work ethic, good organizational skills and the ability to work within a team environment
· Strong communication and interpersonal skills, both written and verbal
· Ability to explain results of your work to others in the industry
· Excellent computer skills
About Insurance Career Network
Insurance Career Network is a recruitment firm focused exclusively on the insurance industry. Our relationships, knowledge and leading experience enable us to connect leading insurers, brokerage firm and independent adjusting firms with the most talented candidates for each role.
Since 1991, we have been building and nurturing relationships and with over 13,000 registered candidates, we can tap into our highly technical experience for our clients. Our recruiters come directly from insurance related positions and bring a wealth of knowledge to each recruitment assignment.
Register and submit your resume through this site or call Francis for more information 416 703-5120.