This individual will a work closely with the Sales Consultants and Commercial Account Executives to provide exceptional service for new and existing clients (primarily within our existing program portfolio). The successful candidate will be responsible for building and maintaining relationships to maximize retention and identify future opportunities within all lines of business in Cowan Insurance Group.
Essential Job Functions
- Lead renewal process by reviewing expiry lists with sales consultants and prepare renewal package as per outlined service standards.
- Manage renewal information gathering from clients and sales consultants, ensuring all necessary applications are as complete as possible before being sent to the client and sales consultants
- Review new business and renewals policies to ensure accuracy and completeness
- Manage day to day requests from clients and insurance companies
- Complete complex Certificates for clients
- Request endorsements, including additions and deletions to policy for final processing.
- Maintain accurate account billing and correct accounting discrepancies in a timely manner (discrepancies should be resolved by the individual who originally billed it)
- Contribute to the client relationship by providing customer service excellence in all client dealings and attend client meetings as required
- Maintain knowledge of all CIG lines of business by attending information sessions to successfully suggest referrals for cross-sell opportunities
- Work with Sales consultants on payment reminders & cancellations.
- RIBO Licensed or ability to obtain
- Comprehensive knowledge of client exposures
- Proficient use of Microsoft Office products, and TAM
- Strong problem identification and problem resolution skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Professional, responsive, and a positive work attitude is essential
- CAIB or CIP designation (or working towards designation) would be an asset
About Cowan Insurance Group
A pre-eminent Canadian owned and operated insurance brokerage and consulting operation, Cowan Insurance Group represents leading national and international insurance companies. Cowan specializes in property, casualty and credit insurance, providing the best value to businesses, organizations and individuals for their insurance and risk management needs. The organization also advises and creates retirement, group benefits, disability management and international benefits programs for employee groups and offers wealth management, financial planning and succession planning services to individuals through its wholly owned financial services subsidiary. Cowan Insurance Group has over 450 employees and currently operates in ten locations across Ontario. For additional information about Cowan Insurance Group, please refer to www.cowangroup.ca.
How to Apply
We invite interested candidates submit their resume in confidence to email@example.com. While we appreciate the interest of all applicants, we will contact only those selected for interviews. If you are an applicant with disabilities and require accommodations, please let us know at the time of our contact so that we may arrange for their provision. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employee candidates will be selected strictly on the basis of an individual's technical qualifications, knowledge and experience, as they relate to the requirements of a particular position. Selections will be made without regard to: race, ancestry, place of origin, colour, ethnic origin, citizenship, creed (religion), sex, sexual orientation, handicaps (physical or mental), age, marital status, family status, or the receipt of public assistance or record of offences.